Change Yo Lyfe!!! Part of This Complete Breakfast.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Neva Trust a big butt and a smile.....


I'm truly convinced that a woman will be the downfall of man. Before y'all ladies grab pitch forks and storm the castle looking for the evil monster, allow me to explain. About 10 minutes ago I was walking through the Student Union deciding whether or not i should attend my next class, when an amazing smile managed to capture my attention in the midst of all the activity going on around me, and in an instant, and i mean in about 10 seconds (maybe less) 2 dollars magically dissappered from my wallet.

All homegurl had to do was flash me her pearly whites and i was two dollars poorer. The way she smiled at me made me feel like she was a long lost friend, and after that i had absolutely no control. It felt like a Sci-Fi movie; you know, when the spaceship hovers ova you and yo ass is sucked into the tractor beam. I mindlessly waltzed over to the table, and this is the part that confuses me. The table had to be the worst fundraising table ever. The sign was made out of a folded piece of printing paper (in her defense it was neatly folded, but, it would have been better if she had hired one of them lemonade stand kids to handle the signage), the writing was in pencil, and the merchandise was quite mediocre. In the middle of the table all lonley and shit, Homegurl had nuthin but a small tupperware bowl of some "homemade" cookies, which looked suspicously storebought, and some paper towels to serve the cookies with.

I ambled over and she said something to me, but i can't even remember what it was, cause i was in awe and wondering how the hell i arrived at this table. I think it was something about some Women in Journalism and Media fund or something to that effect. I instantly handed over that cash, and didn't even take any cookies, 'cus my dumbass wasn't in the mood for cookies and told her to keep 'em. As I walked away and the reality that my wallet was two dollars lighter set in, i snapped out of my trance and started cursing myself. I know it was for a good cause and all, but i felt extremely uneasy about the way i was entrapped in that situation, and that fact that i now know that i dosen't take much for me to part with my hard earned cash, cus she sure as hell didn't convice me with her kindergarten table presentation. At least this became a learning experience and, i am armed with this knowledge for the future, but i know she out there flashin that same kodak smile and reeling in more niggas like me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Looks like she turned you into her cookie bitch. Lol, but I feel you... that's why the modern marketplace utilizes women for practically all merchandising... they know what their doing, and the ladies know what their working with.

    By Blogger Livid Lizard, at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Ish i'm listening to
Songs that are standout or are stuck in my head at the moment
via Webjay